Safely Reopening June 1st
We’re excited to provide safe and effective dental care once again! Dr. Andersen and the team appreciate your continued support and want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. Your health and safety is our top priority. We have carefully prepared and updated our practice procedures to meet and exceed the protocols outlined by the BC Dental Association to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for everyone.
All Visitors Must Abide by Safety Protocol
- COVID-19 Consent to Treatment and Declaration of Health form must be filled out prior to receiving treatment. Should the status of your health change, please notify us right away. We will also be taking your temperature.
- Patients are required to come into the dental office at the time of their scheduled appointment only. If you arrive early, please wait in your vehicle.
- We ask patients to come alone to their appointment, unless accompaniment is required (under the age of 16, individuals with mobility restrictions that require assistance, seniors needing additional support, etc.).
- Physical distancing is in effect.
- Hand sanitizer supplied at front desk.
- We have suspended the use of our waiting room and coffee/water station.
- Restrooms are reserved for emergency use only and will be cleaned and sterilized after each use.
Safe Dental Treatments: Our Enhanced Safety Measures
- COVID-19 Declaration of Health form filled out by all staff each day of work.
- Plexiglass protective screens have been installed at the front desk.
- All rooms are COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
- We are in the process of equipping all operatories with high-volume air filtration and purification units. The units are capable of removing particles smaller than the COVID-19 virus.
- New High Volume Evacuation System – a safer suction device that controls particles before they leave the mouth.
- Our team will strictly follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, public health and our dental governing bodies.
- The dental team has all needed personal protective equipment.
- During patient care, appropriate masks, face shields, and gloves will be worn by everyone and changed between patients.
- All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant, including the patient chair and the accessory chair where the patient placed their personal items and/or coat hanger.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution as we reopen our dental office to care for you and your family. We are confident in providing safe dental treatments and are slowly making more dental hygiene appointments available.
Starting June 1st, our hours of operation will return to normal:
Mondays & Thursdays: 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Tuesdays: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesdays: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
We thank you for doing your part to keep us all safe and healthy. We are committed to maintaining a high standard of dental health and safety under these new circumstances and appreciate your confidence in us.